‘Light and Filling’ Morning Smoothie
- Yield: about 12-ounces (1 Serving)
- Cost: $1.00-1.50
- Prep: 1-2 mins
- 3/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium banana (a fresh banana will blend easier than a frozen banana)
- 8 almonds that have been soaked overnight in water
- 1/2 cups of water
- (optional) 2 tbsp chia seeds
- (optional) a few raisins to enhance the flavor of the raspberries
- Any standard or high-speed blender. By the way, I have both a Oster blender and Vitamix blender, and they both work well for this recipe.
- Place the raspberries, banana, almonds, and water in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and blend for 5-10 seconds until the seeds are evenly distributed.
- That’s it! Enjoy!