I have always been inspired by the simple strawberry banana smoothie. Me being me, I have tried adding spinach and kale to it…but it never seems to taste right. So today, I went for collard greens….AND the recipe came out perfect!
The smoothie is not too green or not too sweet. But for all those with a sweet tooth, I would recommend adding a few raisins to the recipe. The raisins (aka dried grapes) will enhance the flavor of the strawberries while sweetening the smoothie in a way that compliments the fruit it contains. I mean…after all, you are using fruit to sweeten fruit.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!
RAW Vegan Collard Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Yield: 1.5 cups (1 Servings)
- Cost: $1.00
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Equipment: Blender of any kind
- 1 medium-sized collard green leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh water
- 1 medium banana, fresh or frozen
- 5 medium whole strawberries
- Feel free to add boosters (1 tbsp organic chia seeds, 5-8 organic milk thistle seeds, 1 tbsp organic flax seeds)
- Optional: 1 tbsp raisins to sweeten
- Tear the collard leaf into pieces.
- Blend the water and collard leaf in a blender until the collard has been broken down. If you are adding the optional raisins, blend them along with the greens. This will help the greens and raisins to completely break down.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
That’s it! Enjoy!
Tell me what you think about this recipe and leave a comment below! Oh, and by the way, I made this smoothie in a NutriBullet.