This is amazing! I am loving the awesomeness of springtime salads!
RAW Lunch Spring Salad with Pears, Radishes, and Apples
- Yield: 1 very large or 2 medium servings
- Cost: $2.00-3.00
- Prep: 10 mins
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup mustard greens
- 1 cup spring lettuce
- 1/2 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 4-5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- (optional) 1 dollop of Radish Greens Pesto or the pesto of your choosing
- (optional) 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Knife and cutting board (so simple)
- Wash and dry your greens using a salad spinner or paper towels. Set the greens into a large mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the pear, apple, and radishes. Add to the greens.
- Slice the avocado, and add to the greens.
- Sprinkle on the remaining ingredients. Gently stir and serve immediately.
- That’s it! Enjoy!
How to prepare this recipe in advance and take it to work
- Wash and dry the greens at home, and place them into a large container w/lid or re-sealable plastic bag. If the greens will be in the bag/container for a few days, place a paper towel at the bottom of the bag/container, and seal.
- Add all the veggies and fruit (unsliced) to the bottom of the bag/container of greens. You can cut the veggies and fruit up when you get to work. However, if you are making this salad the morning prior to eating it, you can chop the veggies and fruit as described in the instructions.
- Be sure to pack the avocado (unsliced) in its own container. Slice the avocado when you ready to eat it.
- Put the pesto into a small container (keep in the refrigerator), and add it to the salad before eating.
- Put the olive oil, sea salt, and pepper into a small container (keep in the refrigerator), and pour it over the salad before eating.