It’s that time of the season when so much beautiful produce is readily available to enjoy and celebrate…!!!
Here are a few tips to creating an amazing summer salad:
- Choose your favorite, colorful fruits and veggies
- Fruits and veggies must be ripe (i.e. ready to eat), juicy, and ideally from local farms
- Use herbs!
Because this recipe uses several different fruits and veggies, you don’t need a lot of everything….which keeps the costs down low. And because you will likely have leftover ingredients, you can make this recipe again <3
At the bottom of this post, I give you instructions for DESIGNING YOUR VERY OWN SUMMER SALAD🙂
RAW Summer Salad
- Yield: 1 very large or 2 medium servings
- Cost: $2.00-3.00
- Prep: 10 mins
- 5-6 cups of your favorites greens (e.g. spring lettuce, arugula, head lettuce, spinach, etc.)
- 1/3 medium cucumber (fresh)
- 1/4 medium fennel bulb (fresh)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes or 1 medium tomato (fresh)
- 1 small handful basil (fresh)
- Few sprigs of dill (fresh)
- 1 medium peach (fresh)
- 1 small handful of sunflower seeds
- 1 small handful of sliced or chopped almonds
- 1-2 tbsp juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Knife and cutting board (so simple)
- Wash and dry your greens using a salad spinner or paper towels. Set the greens into a large mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the cucumber and fennel. Slice the tomato(es), and mince the basil and dill. Add to the greens.
- Remove the core from the peach and slice the flesh into wedges.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and almonds over the greens and gently stir.
- Before serving the salad, sprinkle lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt over the salad. Gently stir and serve immediately.
- That’s it! Enjoy!
How to prepare this recipe in advance and take it to work
- Wash and dry the greens at home, and place them into a large container w/lid or re-sealable plastic bag. If the greens will be in the bag/container for a few days, place a paper towel at the bottom of the bag/container, and seal.
- Add all the veggies (i.e. cucumber, fennel, tomato(es)) and herbs (un-cut) to the bottom of the bag/container of greens. You can cut the veggies up when you get to work…and the herbs can be broken up with your hands. However, if you are making this salad the morning prior to eating it, you can chop the veggies and herbs as described in the instructions.
- Put the lemon, olive oil, and sea salt into a small container (keep in the refrigerator), and pour it over the salad before eating.
Here are instructions for creating your very own RAW Summer Salad using your favorite ingredients <3 Enjoy and share this post!