I refuse to call this lovely creation a SALAD! It is simply, SO MUCH MORE 🙂
It is truly a Celebration of Summer <3
When selecting the veggies and fruits for this recipe, be sure that they are ripe and juicy. This bowl is a celebration of the summer, so don’t skimp on deliciousness. You will want to use fruits and veggies that are in-season and local to your area.
Because the recipe uses several different kinds of fruits and veggies, you don’t need a lot of everything….which keeps the costs down low. And because you will likely have leftover ingredients, you can make this recipe again <3
At the bottom of this post, I give you instructions for DESIGNING YOUR VERY OWN SUMMER BOWL 🙂
Celebration Summer Bowl
- Yield: 1 very large helping (1 Serving)
- Cost: $2.00-3.00
- Prep: 10 mins
- 1 large zucchini (fresh)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small handful of basil, minced
- 1 medium tomato or 1 large handful of cherry tomatoes, or both (fresh)
- 1 ear of corn (fresh)
- 1/2 spring onion (red or white, fresh)
- 1 small-medium sweet pepper (fresh)
- 1 large handful blueberries (fresh)
- 1 med-large peach (fresh)
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 small handful of sliced or chopped almonds
- Julienne peeler or Spiralizer. I tend to prefer a Julienne peeler as they are much cheaper (~$8), can be found in any kitchen store or online, and are easy to use and clean. Spiralizers are also great if you want to create noodles out of hard squashes, such as Butternut, in addition to soft squashes like zucchini. You will NOT want to use a knife or cheese grater to create your noodles.
- Knife and cutting board (so simple)
- Slice the zucchini into noodles using your Julienne peeler or Spiralizer. Do not slice the center of the zucchini…it is simply too mushy to create noodles out of. Marvel at your noodles, send them your love, and then place them into a bowl.
- Mince the garlic and basil leaves, and add them to the noodles. Now, add the balsamic vinegar to the noodles and then stir well.
- Chop your tomato(es), onion, pepper (remove core), and peach (remove core). Add them to the noodles and stir.
- Add the hemp seeds, almonds, and olive oil. Stir.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top and stir.
- That’s it! Enjoy!
Here are instructions for creating your very own Celebration Summer Bowl using favorite ingredients <3 Enjoy and share this post!