- Red cabbage is 90-cent water and low in carbohydrates and sugar. It is a great source of vitamins A, K, C, B6 and B1, and folate, in addition to potassium and manganese. It is a good source for magnesium, calcium, and iron. The beautiful, rich color of red cabbage is due to its concentration of anthocyanin polyphenols, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fresh pineapple is a great source of vitamin C and manganese, and a good source for vitamins B-complex and folate. Pineapple also contains an a enzyme called bromeline, which aids in digestion.
- Green apples is a good source of vitamin C, and contain phytonutrients that help to regulate blood sugar.
#EatWorthy ‘HELLO SPRING’ Cleansing Juice
- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep: 15 mins
1/3 head of red cabbage
1/3 of one whole pineapple, fresh (skin removed)
2 medium green apples (or 3 small green apples)
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
1/2 medium lemon
- Any standard juicer will work just fine.
- If you do not have a juicer, you can blend all of the ingredients and then strain out the pulp using cheesecloth or a nut bag.
- Juice all ingredients and enjoy!
Share this recipe with your friends <3 <3