This is an easy recipe that you can whip up at home for a savory side to your breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In reality, most of us are not ready to go 100% raw immediately. Rather, it may make more sense to slowly increase our consumption of raw foods over time. This is the perfect recipe to accompany any raw or cooked meal. It tastes delicious and it is easy to make. All you need is a knife!
Today, for lunch, I ate the recipe with a raw vegan kale salad and sauteed sprouted tofu (cooked). You can view my delicious kale recipe in the preview of my book, Raw Foods on a Budget.
Balsamic Basil Cucumber Salad
- Yield: 1 large portion (1 Serving)
- Cost: $1 – $1.50
- Prep: 5 mins
- 1/2 cucumber, large
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 avocado
- 8-10 basil leaves
- 1 sun-dried tomato
- sea salt to taste
- Slice and quarter the cucumber slices. Place into a small bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of sea salt to the cucumbers. Mix well.
- Cut the avocado in half with a sharp knife. Take the avocado half (without the seed), and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Place the avocado flesh on a plate, and slice it into small cubes with a knife. Add the avocado to the cucumbers.
- Thinly slice the basil and sun dried tomato, and add to the bowl. Softly stir.
- That’s it! Enjoy!